What is Humana Pharmacy?
What is Humana Pharmacy? This has been a common question that is coming up more and more, especially over the past year. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a growing number of people that are now utilizing mail-order pharmacies. Humana is one of the top Medicare Advantage carriers in the country and has implemented excellent programs like the member care assessment (MCA) and Humana Pharmacy to ensure member retainment.
Before we discuss Human’s mail-order pharmacy, it’s important to know what a mail-order pharmacy is. Most major carriers have a mail-order option available. This allows the client to get a 90-day prescription delivered directly to their door typically receiving an even better discount doing so.
What are Humana Pharmacy Benefits?
Some of the Humana Pharmacy benefits include:
- Safe and time-efficient- No need for your client to go to the pharmacy and wait in line. Minimum exposure while getting reminders when it’s time to reorder medications.
- Cost Savings- Many Humana plans offer this as a preferred cost-share pharmacy. This means $0 copays of tier 1 and 2 generics with a 90-day supply for most drugs. The pharmacy team is also always working with the client and doctor to find more cost-efficient drug options.
- Quality- The client’s prescriptions are double-checked for accuracy and ensured they are shipped in tamper-resistant bottles (refrigerated with icepacks where necessary). Prescriptions are also delivered in plain packaging so there’s no need for the client to worry about privacy issues.
What Can a Client Get Using Humana Pharmacy?
Client’s can get a variety of things through the Humana Pharmacy such as:
- Maintenance Medications-Examples include prescriptions used for high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Specialty Medications- These are typically condition-specific for complex illnesses like psoriasis or cancer.
- Diabetic Testing and Injection- Supplies like glucose meters, lancets, and test strips.
- OTC (Over-The-Counter) Supplies- Items include vitamins, cold and flu medications, and even first-aid materials. Members on certain Medicare Advantage plans can even get a monthly or quarterly allowance included in their plan benefits. (2021 OTC Catalog Here)
Where does Pinnacle Financial Services come in?
Pinnacle Financial Services is a full-service “FMO” that offers you the best technology in the business while giving you options as well. We are the only FMO in the country that offers BOTH Connecture and Sunfire platforms simultaneously to choose from for online enrollments. We also offer the best back-office support in the business, guaranteed lead programs, and give you access to over 150 different carriers in every area of the senior market to choose from. I am the national agent trainer here and I am dedicated to helping agents learn anything that will help take their business to the next level. Before you know it, AEP (Annual Election Period) will be here, and you need a partner that is committed to growing your business. Don’t hesitate and call us today!
Need Medicare leads? Learn about our Per-Piece Lead Program
For more information, contact a Pinnacle representative today at 1 (800)-772-6881 x7731 or email email@example.com.
1 (800) 772-6881 x7731 | firstname.lastname@example.org