Lately, you’re probably hearing about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news. While there isn’t a vaccine or immediate cure yet, Medicare is still here to help. Medicare Part B now covers a test to see if clients will be positive for the Coronavirus. This test is covered when their doctor or other health care provider orders it if they got the test on or after February 4, 2020.
Typically, clients pay nothing for a Medicare-covered clinical diagnostic laboratory test.
Providers will need to wait until after April 1, 2020, to be able to submit a claim to Medicare for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) test.
To help prevent the spread of this illness or other illnesses including the flu, here are some tips to follow:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Stay home when you’re sick
- See your doctor if you think you’re ill
How to Stay Up-to-Date
- Coronavirus.gov is the source for the latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and answers to common questions.
- Whitehouse.gov contains the current administration’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- USA.gov is a United States government website that has the latest information about what the government is doing in response to COVID-19.
Medicare wants to help protect clients from COVID-19. To assist, here are some additional helpful resources:
How does Pinnacle Financial Services Fit in?
Pinnacle Financial Services is a full-service FMO in the senior market. We offer a variety of technological tools that should help agents maintain their businesses during the social distancing strategy encouraged by experts. Connect4Medicare, Pinnacle’s proprietary online enrollment platform, allows agents to remotely enroll their clients into Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and Prescription Drug Plans (PDP). There’s even an electronic scope of appointment feature that would allow you to send a scope to be signed via email by the client.
Pinnacle Financial Services wants to help you come out on top during these difficult times!
For more information, contact a Pinnacle Financial Services representative today
1 (800) 772-6881 x7731 | firstname.lastname@example.org