November 4, 2022
November 4, 2022
- CMS released a final rule late last week that implements many of the Medicare-specific provisions included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. These policy changes include adjustments to the Medicare enrollment process, the establishment of new SEP-triggering life events, and more.
- The Senate Finance Committee, Chaired by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), released a report on deceptive marketing practices by Medicare Advantage plans this week.
- Senate Intelligence Chairman Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) released a healthcare cybersecurity policy paper this week.
- In this week’s mergers and acquisition news: Walgreens-backed VillageMD is exploring a potential deal to merge with medical practice Summit Health, the parent company of urgent care clinic chain CityMD.
- The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) released final rates for 2023 fully insured health plans, including the Colorado Option, plans this week. In many cases, traditional commercial health plans will offer significantly more affordable premiums that are 5% to 10% lower than competing Colorado Option plans.
- This week’s Healthcare Happy Hour podcast provides a preview of next week’s midterm election detailing the key races that will determine Senate and House party control.
CMS Releases Final Rule on New Medicare SEPs, Enrollment Window Changes and More
CMS released a final rule late last week that implements many of the Medicare-specific provisions included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. Earlier this year, NAHU submitted comments on the proposed rule to support many of the changes included in the final rule… Read More
Senate Finance Committee Release Report on Deceptive Marketing Practices by Medicare Advantage Plans
Yesterday, the Senate Finance Committee, Chaired by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), released a 27-page report on Medicare Advantage marketing practices detailing that fourteen states have found “evidence that beneficiaries are being inundated with aggressive marketing tactics as well as false and misleading information”… Read More
Senate Intelligence Chairman Senator Mark Warner Releases Policy Options Paper Addressing Cybersecurity in the Healthcare Sector
Senator Mark Warner (D-VA), chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, released a policy paper detailing cybersecurity threats to the healthcare sector and ways the federal government can improve security standards in the industry this week… Read More
Mergers and Acquisitions: Walgreens-backed VillageMD is exploring a potential deal to merge with medical practice Summit Health
VillageMD, a Walgreens Boots Alliance majority-owned corporation, is exploring a deal to merge with medical practice Summit Health, the parent company of urgent care clinic chain CityMD… Read More
State Spotlight: Higher Prices and Fewer Carriers Highlight First Year of Colorado Option
Last year, a bill creating the Colorado Public Option passed in the Colorado legislature. HB21-1232 mandated that health insurers reduce monthly premiums by five percent in the first year for consumers who buy the plan… Read More
Healthcare Happy Hour: 2022 Midterm Election Preview
On this week’s episode of the Healthcare Happy Hour, NAHU Vice President of Congressional Affairs John Greene and NAHU HUPAC Manager Nathan Makla provide a preview of next week’s midterm election discussing the key races that will determine Senate and House party control…
HUPAC Roundup: House Democrats Still Fighting for Victory
The democratic collapse in the House may not be as draconian as some predict. Nate Cohn, the chief political analyst at The New York Times, argues in a recent article that their polls in four House races offer democrats some hope stating… Read More
What We’re Reading
With the 2022 Midterm election less than a week away, take a break from all of those campaign commercials and check out what we’re reading this week… Read More
1 (800) 772-6881 x7731 | email@example.com