Update- from Pinnacle Financial Services Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Pinnacle Financial Services wants to assure our agent and agency partners that we are taking the necessary steps to continue to manage your business.
Our services include, at no charge, the tools and technology you need to work from home while also providing the same level of information to your clients.
- Connect4Medicare.com– Pinnacle’s all in one quote, compare and enrollment center for Medicare Advantage, Part D and Medicare Supplement Plans.
- IGO- Quote, compare and sell final expense, term life, universal life, and index universal life electronically.
Remember, these methods adhere to recommended social distancing guidelines.
Contact our team for details and any questions.
Our Main business hours continue to remain 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. We will continue to maintain the level of service you have grown accustomed to while protecting our employees.
Coronavirus Prevention Guidelines & Online Resources
Call 1 (800) 772-6881 for updates on Pinnacle closings.
Agents needing assistance regarding the virus and coverage should call the Health Support team at 1 (800) 772-6881 x7729. As a reminder, Health Support may not be readily available should our offices be closed.
CDC Prevention Guidelines
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face-mask:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well to wear a face-mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face-masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Stay informed. To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the CDC’s FAQ Page. Visit the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s page to learn about the development and approval of treatments for Coronavirus.
Coronavirus Online Resources
Carrier SEP Updates
Special Enrollment Period for Individuals Affected by a FEMA-Declared Weather-Related Emergency or Other Major Disaster: Applicable for COVID-19.
A Special Election Period (SEP) for individuals affected by a FEMA-Declared Weather Related Emergency or Major Disaster — Applicable for COVID-19.
On 5/5/20, CMS announced that a SEP is available for individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic that meet the terms of the SEP.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has officially announced an SEP is available for individuals affected by COVID-19.
On 5/7, Cigna released a SEP for those affected by COVID-19 in effect between 3/1 and 6/30. According to CMS, that SEP did, in fact, expire on 6/30.
For those who qualify, the SEP begins on the first day of the incident period and runs for four full months from the beginning of the incident period.
At Healthfirst, we continue to focus on the needs of our members as we face the Coronavirus: Type COVID-19 pandemic together.
Cigna continues to expand the benefits available, in an effort to make sure all Cigna Medicare Advantage customers can receive affordable care safely.