March 24, 2020
During these unprecedented times, the health of our members and all those who serve them – our agents, employees and health care partners – is our top priority. UnitedHealthcare is working around the clock to support your efforts, so you can be a partner in care to members and consumers who may need you.
Below, please find a number of new resources available to help ensure members have access to the care they need, as well as virtual tools to help you stay connected with members and consumers during this time.
Partner in Care Resources for You
We want to ensure you have ways to continue to serve your members and grow your business during this time of “social distancing.” We’ve enhanced our virtual one-on-one appointment tools and highly encourage you to not conduct appointments in person at this time. New tools available include:
- The new Virtual Appointments & Enrollment job aid includes requirements to set up telephonic appointments, as well as steps agents should take in those appointments from obtaining the scope of appointment to outlining plans, conducting enrollment via LEAN and next steps. This will help ensure you remain compliant with CMS regulations regarding MA/DSNP applications.
- For consumers without access to the Internet, an alternative process that will be in effect through April 30, 2020, is included.
- Our Clarity Guide, Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) Consumer Guidebook and AARP® Medicare Supplement Sales Presentations are now available online via the UnitedHealthcare Toolkit. These resources can be used for one-on-one appointments to help walk consumers through plan details.
- As a reminder, we also have a number of virtual training available about resources you can use today. Visit Jarvis for on-demand learning so you can feel comfortable using virtual tools like:
Our Producer Help Desk (PHD) also remains open as usual to answer your questions via phone, virtual chat, and email. Please feel free to reach out to PHD or to your agent manager for any questions.
Partner in Care Resources for Members
This week UnitedHealthcare also shared new resources that expand access to care, and provide support and resources to help our members during this unprecedented time. These actions expand access to:
- Testing and Medical Care Related to Testing.
In addition to continuing to waive costs for COVID-19 testing provided at approved locations, we will waive copays, coinsurance, and deductibles for visits associated with COVID-19 testing whether care is received in a physician office, urgent care center or emergency department for all Medicare Advantage members. Any additional coverage for treatment for COVID-19 is administered according to benefit plans including applicable cost-sharing.
Eligible members needing help obtaining an early prescription refill can call the customer care number located on their medical ID card.
- Virtual Care for Highest-risk Members.
We are rapidly expanding access to our personalized digital platform which is available on our member website for those who need it most. The interactive platform provides the most up-to-date information about prevention, coverage, care and support needed to rapidly assess symptoms, schedule an in-person or a telehealth visit with their provider, talk to a nurse, refill or schedule home delivery for prescriptions and access 24-hour emotional support.
We also are deploying new technology solutions and have established navigation support programs for members who are under home isolation due to COVID-19. More information we are providing consumers as this situation continues to evolve is available here.
Thank you for being a partner in care to our members during this time-critical time.
For more information, contact a Pinnacle Representative today at 1-(800)-772-6881 x7731 or email email@example.com.