July 8, 2020
EMSI Closes – Requirements Impacted
On Friday, July 3, Examination Management Services, Inc. (EMSI), notified Transamerica of its plans to immediately cease operations. This communication was unexpected.
EMSI — a trusted provider of underwriting support for many years — was, unfortunately, adversely impacted by changes in service volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following products could be impacted by these changes:
- Transamerica Financial Foundation Index Universal Life®
- Trendsetter® Series
- Final expense reinstatements
Starting immediately, NEW underwriting requirements should be sent to:
- Exams and labs — APPS (recommended vendor), IMS, or ExamOne
- Attending physician statements — parameds.com (recommended vendor) or Express Imaging Services, Inc.
- Agent-ordered outstanding requirements with EMSI: Please reorder using one of our approved vendors above.
- Home office-ordered requirements: Transamerica is working diligently with other vendors on existing cases to fulfill the outstanding requests for exams, labs, and parameds.
We appreciate your patience and attention to this change in vendor support as this disruption will likely delay policy issue times. If you have any additional questions, please contact your Transamerica support team.
1 (800) 772-6881 x7731 | email@example.com