December 2, 2019
AEP Deadline Hits Saturday!
Dec. 7 is the last day of AEP! As you know, per CMS, there are several rules regarding last minute applications.
- Paper enrollments must be in an agent’s possession by December 7.
- Agents have 48 hours to turn applications in.
- Enrollments over the phone must be recorded and received by 11:59 PM* on December 7.
- Customer mailed applications must be received by December 7.
- Customer faxed applications must be received by 11:59 PM* on December 7.
* Based on enrollee’s time zone.
Customers whose applications do not meet these guidelines will not be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan for 2020.
Remember, you can still enroll customers with 1/1 effectiveness with a valid SEP application after Dec. 7.
Don’t forget- check your certifications, attestations, licenses, and appointments to make 2020 renewals smooth sailing. Not sure if yours are up to date? Pull your personal report in Producers’ University, or call CARL to confirm.
Scopes are Due
Cigna requires all paper scopes of appointment (SOA) to be submitted to our offices. In an effort to be partner friendly, we are looking at revising this policy and will keep you posted, but as it stands today, you must submit paper SOAs. To help you stay fully compliant, please utilize our TeleScope line (1-866-398-6055) as they are always compliant!
Don’t Forget about CARL
Our Cigna Agent Resource Line (CARL) agents are always available for assistance and up-to-date information.
This week we’ve even extended our already extended hours for AEP to help you use every minute of this season effectively:
- Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm CDT
- Saturday 7:00 am to 11:00 pm CDT