June 23, 2022
Beginning July 1, 2022
Ease of doing business is important to us at Cigna. In fact, it’s a priority. One of the ways we are improving is by executing new contracting agreements that better match how we do business today. Because of this, we must re-contract the majority of our broker partners, including you.
We know your time is valuable and want to make the re-contracting process as easy and as smooth as possible. With this in mind, we have included a contract module in the certification process for 2023. Here is what you need to know:
- The new contract will be included in a module to complete on Cigna’s Producers’ University alongside your other required annual 2023 Certification modules.
- Please note that in order to be considered ready to sell for 2023, the re-contracting module must be completed prior to making any 2023 sales along with all other required modules and licensing requirements.
- If you choose not to sign the new contract, you will be ineligible to sell Cigna Medicare plans for the 2023 plan year and your contract and appointments will be terminated following the December 31, 2022 deadline.
- Please note that in order for you to remain active and to continue receiving any future renewal compensation, the re-contracting module must be completed and signed by December 31, 2022.
Agencies do not have any certification requirement for 2023, only the re-contracting module must be completed.
- We have removed the Annual Attestation module for 2023, meaning that only completion of the re-contracting module is required for 2023.
- Agency failure to complete the re-contracting module prior to October 1, 2022, will prevent any new 2023 business from being paid to you on behalf of any eligible Assignment of Commissions (AOC) or Licensed Only (LOA) downline agents and all associated admin fees will be withheld. The principal-agent for the agency must also be fully credentialed and have all agent requirements completed prior to any sales made for their downline LOA/AOC agents.
- An agency representative (Agency Principal) will need to log in to Producers’ University with the agency NPN to complete the re-contracting on behalf of the agency. If the agency Principal is also licensed and appointed with Cigna Medicare, he/she will also need to log in with their personal agent NPN to complete their re-contracting and certify as the principal-agent.
- Please note in order for the agency to remain active and to continue receiving any future renewal compensation, the re-contracting module must be completed and signed by December 31, 2022.
1 (800) 772-6881 x7731 | email@example.com