March 19, 2020
Keeping you informed about COVID-19
Steps we’re taking to keep members safe
To help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, known as COVID-19, we are canceling all in-person group member meetings and sales events at all venues, including those at retail locations.
Sales events: If you have filed the event of a sale with Aetna, we have canceled your event. CMS requirements for canceled events still apply. Please contact your Broker Manager if you have any questions about CMS requirements for cancellations.
Member meetings: Please note that we will contact all members who RSVP’d for a meeting, by phone or email, to let them know about the cancellation.
IMPORTANT: We highly recommend avoiding face-to-face contact with your clients. Instead of meeting with them in person, we encourage you to use our remote-selling tools (e-kits and RATE) to engage your clients electronically.
Ways we’re supporting our Medicare members
Because of the important roles you plan as an agent, we want to keep you informed about ways we’re supporting members during this time. Aetna Medicare members now have access to a variety of resources and enhanced benefits including:
- $0 co-payment on all telehealth visits with your doctor
- Aetna Medicare is expanding coverage of telehealth and offering all telehealth visits at no out-of-pocket cost to members (copays are waived) until further notice.
- This will help our Medicare plan members get the care they need while lowering their risk of exposure to COVID-19. See the latest press release.
- No co-pays for diagnostic testing related to COVID-19
- This policy will cover the cost of physician-ordered testing for patients who meet CDC guidelines.
- You won’t have to pay a fee for home delivery of prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy
- Members can limit their exposure to the virus and avoid passing it around by having their medications (excluding over-the-counter medications) delivered. CVS Pharmacy has waived charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
- Dedicated support you can count on
- For members that have underlying conditions putting them at greater risk for developing complications around the coronavirus, our care managers will reach out to them directly.
- You can get your refill early if you need it
- For Aetna Medicare plans with Part D drug coverage, members can get refills early, and for many of the medications we cover, they can get a 90-day supply.
Don’t forget about these extra plan benefits
Online video workouts
All Aetna Medicare members can access an on-demand library of workouts, wellness videos and exercise programs, at no extra cost, with the SilverSneakers fitness benefit. Over 100+ on-demand workout videos are available through SilverSneakers.com or the SilverSneakers GO fitness app. This means members can take classes like yoga, cardio, strength training, and circuit training, even while hunkered down at home. To get started, members just need to go to SilverSneakers.com, create an online account, log in, and then select a video.
Over-the-counter (OTC) benefit
Some Aetna Medicare plans offer a monthly or quarterly OTC benefit that allows members to get select OTC items delivered to their home at no charge. Please note that this benefit is not available with all plans. Please check the plan’s Summary of Benefits for details. You can find and download the applicable 2020 OTC catalog from Producer World.
Call a registered nurse anytime
With the Medicare nurse hotline, members can talk to a registered nurse, day or night. They can help members decide if a doctor or urgent care visit is needed, understand their symptoms or learn about treatment. Members can call the hotline at 1-800-556-1555 (TTY: 711) anytime. Note: Staff on the nurse call line cannot diagnose, prescribe or give medical advice. Members should call their doctor with any questions or concerns about your health.
Attend a Webinar
- Friday, March 20 from 10-10:45 A.M. ET
- Thursday, March 26 from 11-11:45 A.M. ET
- Friday, March 27 from 4-4:45 P.M. ET
Visit AetnaMedicareAgentTraining.com to sign up. Just search for training in your state. (Be sure to review the requirements for using these tools below.)
Try these remote-selling tools (e-kits and RATE)
Do you have clients who want to move forward with enrollment, without having an agent enter their home? For Aetna Medicare (MA/MAPD) and SilverScript PDP products, there are two tools you can use: e-kits and the Remote Agent Telephonic Enrollment (RATE) tool. To use either option, you must have access to the Ascend Virtual Sales Office app; to get access, fill out an Ascend app request form on Producer World. (Please note that it can take up to 2-7 days to process new user requests for Ascend.)
|Tool||Why Use it||Requirements|
|e-Kits||Allows your clients to enroll online and maintain you as their writing agent||
|Remote Agent Telephonic Enrollment (RATE) Tool||Allows you to obtain a complete, compliant enrollment entirely by phone|
Tools to help you conduct a compliant sales presentation
Remember, all sales and marketing activities must be conducted in compliance with all state, CMS and Aetna requirements. Regardless if you are meeting a client in person or telephonically, you are required to:
- Obtain a Scope of Appointment (SOA) prior to the start of all personal/individual marketing appointments held in person or by phone when MA, MAPD and PDP products are discussed. Remember you can obtain an SOA by email or text through the Ascend app.
- Provide a CMS-approved sales presentation. Aetna’s MA/MAPD sales presentation is available in video format (English, Spanish and Chinese versions), or in PDF format (English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Polish versions) from Producer World.
- Provide and review the Summary of Benefits and current star ratings sheet. These documents are available through the Ascend app. Or you can download PDF copies from AetnaMedicare.com.
Change to Broker Services Department business hours
Change to Broker Services Department business hours Please note that we are temporarily changing the Aetna Medicare Broker Services Department business hours. Effective immediately, we will be open from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M. ET from Monday through Friday. This change will remain in effect until further notice, likely for the next 30-60 days.
Questions? We’re here to help
For more information, contact a Pinnacle Representative today at 1-(800)-772-6881 x7731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.