UHC: New! Health and Wellness Resources for AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
UnitedHealthcare Health and Wellness Resources
For: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah and Wisconsin
Coming January 1, 2019!
UnitedHealthcare continually strives to help members live healthier lives and is proud to provide insured members enrolled in an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan, insured by UnitedHealthcare® Insurance Company, residing in the states listed above beneficial services through Health and Wellness Resources.*
As of January 1, 2019, insured members may take advantage of a variety of resources from discounted gym memberships,1 working with a wellness coach over the phone, 24/7 access to a registered nurse by phone and the option to partake in community resources and programs. Best of all, these resources, except the special fitness offer, are available at no additional cost to them!
Customizing Resources to Meet the Needs of Insured Members
Research has shown that members want a diverse health and wellness program to meet their individual needs by having more options.2 Unlike SilverSneakers®, which will no longer be offered in the states listed above as a value-added service, effective January 1, 2019, Health and Wellness resources provide insured members the opportunity to choose what resources best fit their own unique health and wellness goals!
Check out the resources insured members can use HERE.
- Current Insured Members
Insured members will be sent a letter in the mail in mid-September explaining the new services:
- Click HERE to view the letter for current SilverSneaker participants in OH
- Click HERE to view the letter for non-SilverSneaker participants in OH
- Click HERE to view the letter for current Silver Sneaker participants in AZ, CA, CT, IL, IN, NC, UT and WI
- Click HERE to view the letter for non-SilverSneaker participants in AZ, CA, CT, IL, IN, NC, UT and WI
Please do not share this information with current members until they receive the letter.
- Prospective Insured Members
Beginning October 1, 2018, Enrollment Kits for January 1, 2019 plan effective dates and later in the impacted states will include a Health and Wellness Resources Flyer. This flyer will help you review the available resources outlined above with your clients.Please note Health and Wellness resources will go into effect on January 1, 2019. Do not share this information with prospective members until you have the updated Enrollment Kit with the Health and Wellness Resources Flyer.
Click here to view the Health and Wellness Resource brochure for more information and to learn how your clients can benefit from these resources (the brochure may not be shared with your clients).
Familiarize yourself with the Health and Wellness Program by attending a training and viewing the Learning Module:
- A monthly Personalized Health and Wellness training is available on the National Training Calendar on Jarvis under Knowledge Center > Training.
- A new self-directed learning module is also available on LearnSource. You can take this course at any time.3 Simply log on to Jarvis select Knowledge Center > Training > Certifications > Click the Launch Certifications button > choose Electives from the top left hand menu, then scroll down and select 2018 AARP Medicare Supplement Health and Wellness.
Here to Help
For questions, please send an email to the Producer Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your agent writing number in the subject line) or contact your UnitedHealthcare Regional Sales Director for AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans.